Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 9 - A Taste of Japan

Netherland VS Japan
Ghana VS Australia
Cameroon VS Denmark

Today WAS going to be a taste of Ghana. I had found a few restaurants that were all North West of the 401 and 400. This morning I went online to confirm details about the restaurant I had chosen and discovered it no longer existed. Being short on energy today, that was enough for me to change my mind and pick something closer to home. A taste of Japan it would be.

After the final whistle blew on the third game I headed for Hiro Sushi on King Street. When I got there, it wasn’t open yet so I headed down Front Street. I knew Ichiban sushi use to be there. Now it’s called John’s Sushi Bistro, very Japanese!?

Before I left my apartment I knew I would be getting takeout and John’s take out menu was waiting to greet me inside the door. There was one patron eating at the sushi bar. I placed my order for edamame as my appetizer and sushi combo A as my main. During my brief wait they served me a small bowl of noodle soup. I think it was the crunch noodle soup. It was good and totally unexpected. When I received my order I headed home where I could take pictures without an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment