Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 8 - A Taste of England

Germany VS Serbia
Slovenia VS USA
England VS Algeria

I got up a little earlier this morning and headed out to The Football Factory. It was time for an English breakfast. I ordered my meal with English sausage because for some reason I though an English sausage was something other than what came on my plate. Everything on my plate was familiar.



My friend ordered the bacon and brown sauce sandwich. The brown sauce was HP sauce. I’ve never heard of having that with breakfast.



So nothing really surprising here but the place is a great spot for watching soccer. They had very friendly staff, at least one of which is from England. There are two TVs that face the patio and some speakers have been extended onto the patio for sound. There was plenty of interaction between the patrons on the patio and the pedestrians and motorists passing by, many of which stopped to ask the score of the game and responded in shocked disbelief. The location also provided some traffic “entertainment” as we watched the odd confused driver heading East off of the side street (which is actually Richmond) try to head into the four lanes of one way traffic of West bound Richmond.

I’ll be going back for simply for the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment