Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Taste of Japan

I went to the Okonomi House this week. I figured I'd probably get some sushi but there wasn't any sushi on the menu. Before going there I googled okonomi and discovered it was some sort of Japanese pancake so I figured since I was in the Okonomi House, I'd better try it. I order a pork okonomiyaki. I wasn't sure how big it would be so I didn't order anything with it.


It seemed more like an omelette than pancake. It had various ingredients including cabbage and ground pork in it. They don't appear to have a website and there was no take out menu to reconfirm all the ingredients but it was pretty good. The sauce on top was kind of sweet like a BBQ sauce. The only thing I would have done differently is that I would have ordered something to go with it. It's not enough for a meal.

1 comment:

  1. i had never had okonomiyaki until i went to Japan - the first one i had, i fell in love with immediately! i've walked past the Okonomi House a bunch of times, but I was never hungry enough to go!!! I've never had the pork - i think that would be a westernized version. Proper okonomiyaki has fish flakes on it that really make it fun. ah well - good on you for experimenting!!!

    ReplyDelete