Monday, July 11, 2011

The New Yorker

I went in the completely opposite food direction this past week. Instead of organic vegan food I went for mounds of meat at The New Yorker Deli on Bay street. I quite like reuben sandwiches so that's what I ordered. The options for sides included latkes so I got some of those too.

As I waited for my food I observed that the handful of patrons were all seniors. The only person remotely close to my age was the waitress that looked like she was working her summer job dressed in the clothes that she purchased on her student salary.

I noticed that food for the other patrons was coming from the font counter while my food seemed to come from the back kitchen. I didn't pay too much attention but I'm going to guess that the deep fryer or grill for the latkes was in the back. I don't know much about latkes but as far as a potato concoction goes, they were good. The reuben was pretty good too but I definitely like the Corned Beef House better, but I also like the Corned Beef House better than Schwartz's in Montreal and the Carnegie Deli in New York so the New Yorker is competing against some giants here.


There wasn't much else happening at the place while I was there. I could comment on the New York inspired interior but the link I provided above shows that.

So here's a little something I saw at the Bay Adelaide Centre courtyard. It was like a mini cirque de soleil, but not. (it's a low resolution video)

No comments:

Post a Comment