Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Miller Tavern

I went to Miller Tavern last week.  It's relatively new and located South of the Gardiner on Bay.  It looks like a slightly upscale restaurant online based on the pictures and menu.  The restaurant itself seems to be in a L shape with the bar at the main entrance with dining space where all the action seems to be and a quieter dining area around the corner.  There did seem to be another room at the very back, perhaps for private functions or large parties.  The bar side wasn't very busy when I got there but for whatever reason I got seated on the quieter side.  When my friend joined me he pointed out the comic strip style of art work (which is not present in their online photographs).  We found it an odd choice.

Given that we were sitting in the quieter section there wasn't too much to report on other than the food.  I ordered the seafood pad thai.  The flavour was good but there was one thing I was disappointed with, the tiny scallops.  I was hoping for some nice sized scallops when I ordered the meal.  I don't think you could get scallops any smaller.  Overall the dish was still good but I would be inclined to order something else the next time just because I know I'd be disappointed with the scallops again.


I ordered one drink while I was there.  I can't remember exactly what was in it other than tequila and St-Germain liqueur.  That thing seemed pretty potent.  I was feeling intoxicated for a while after I got home which I was not expecting.  Good thing I'm a happy drunk!

My friend ordered the lobster and seafood gratin.  He said it was really good and "the gratin was flavourful and satisfying".  He called it good comfort food.  The scallops were the same size as the ones I had though.


When we were leaving the place the bar side was very busy and full of men. I knew I should have sat on that side!

No comments:

Post a Comment